- Begin to locate passages in the Bible
- Differences between Old and New Testaments
- Ten Commandments- Exodus 20
- Golden Rule- Luke 6:31
- Great Commandment- Matthew 22:34
- Understand that the Bible is a book that they can read
- Learn ‘The Lord’s Prayer’ and memorize and understand it by the end of 3rd grade
- Understand the “Lectionary” calendar
- The Trinity of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit
Ideas for Nurturing your Child’s Faith:
- Help your children make decisions about stewardship (time, talent, treasure) and how to share their gifts for outreach and the church school offering.
- Help your children think about what God wants them to do and how they should treat others.
- Discuss the meaning of communion and baptism.
- Provide opportunities to explore other faith traditions together.