Helpful definitions and instructions:
- Stewardship Campaign: Is how we fund our daily operations, our annual “Operating Fund”. The operations of the church are supported entirely by our members and friends. The Finance Committee has prepared the 2017 Budget, and forecasts a total operating budget of $327,322 for the upcoming year. This amount will fully fund all our church operations, services and programs in the upcoming year.
- Capital Campaign: Is how we are planning for the near and long-term future of our church. Providing reserves for financial stability, building a new manse and unified streetscape along Prospect Ave.
- Pledge: A commitment to contribute in the future.
- 501C3: Union Church of Lake Bluff is non-profit and is registered as an exempt organization in Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code; EIN 36-3262590. We are registered with GuideStar as well, and welcome discussion and questions about ways to optimize your donations. You can find us on GuideStar at: guidestar.org/profile/36-3262590.
- Stock, Bond and Mutual Fund Transfers:
We want to provide updated guidance for those of you that desire to make contributions to UCLB via stock, bond or mutual fund transfers directly from your investment account to UCLB. All funds are directed to a Fidelity brokerage account. Details are provided below.
For donations of any purpose: Operating (pledges, general gifts, memorial fund donations etc…), Capital Campaign, Endowment or Outreach, please contact (or have your financial professional contact) Scot Butler, UCLB’s Financial Secretary, email@example.com 847-910-8346, or the church office, Union Church of Lake Bluff 847-234-3246, to specify details and begin the transaction.
This will allow Scot to properly record your gift, appropriately direct your investment professional, and inform you in writing of the details for your tax records once the transaction is completed. Thank you very much for your generosity to Union Church.
UCLB’s Federal Tax ID #: 36-3262590
You may pledge to the Stewardship Campaign and separately commit to the Capital Campaign in any of the following ways.
Online Pledge: click on the link below. Responses will be stored in a password-protected file, which only our Financial Secretary, Scot Butler, will be able to access. http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/39zcjwl
Pew Cards: pledge cards are available in the pews at Church. Simply complete the card, place it in an offering envelope and drop it into the pledge box in the fireplace room or in the offering plate.
Contact our Financial Secretary: You may call or email Scot Butler with your pledge. firstname.lastname@example.org Cell phone: 847-910-8346.
As always thank you for your support in making 2016 a successful year for the Union Church. The Finance Committee and Trustees will provide on-going stewardship campaign updates as we strive to meet our objectives for this year and next.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Stewardship and Capital Campaigns: faq-uclb-stewardship