- Stewardship Campaign: Is how we fund our daily operations. The operations of the church are supported entirely by our members and friends. The Finance Committee has prepared the 2017 Budget, and forecasts a total operating budget of $327,322 for the upcoming year. This amount will fully fund all our church operations, services and programs in the upcoming year.
- Capital Campaign: Is how we are planning for the future of our church. Providing reserves for financial stability, building a new manse and unified streetscape along Prospect Ave.
- Pledge: A commitment to contribute in the future.
- 501C3: Union Church of Lake Bluff is non-profit and is registered as an exempt organization in Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code; EIN 36-3262590. We are registered with GuideStar as well, and welcome discussion and questions about ways to optimize your donations. You can find us on GuideStar at: guidestar.org/profile/36-3262590.
- Stock, Bond and Mutual Fund Transfers:
We wanted to provide some updated guidance for those of you that desire to make contributions to UCLB via stock, bond or mutual fund transfers directly from your investment account to UCLB. We have two brokerage accounts that we use to try to keep separation between donations for the operating budget and donations for other purposes including the Capital Campaign, Endowment and Outreach. We have provided details on both accounts below. We have also included information that your broker/investment professional may desire or need to process your request.
For donations to the operating account (pledges, general gifts, memorial fund donations etc…) please have the assets sent to the following account.
UCLB Account Number: Z66-343870
DTC Number: 0226
For donations to Capital Campaign, Endowment or Outreach please have the assets sent to the following account.
UCLB Account Number: 8988-1704
DTC Number: 0164
UCLB’s Federal Tax ID #: 36-3262590
It would be greatly appreciated if you could inform Scot Butler, UCLB’s Financial Secretary, or the church office that such a transaction is in process and provide basic details on the nature and purpose of the gift. This will allow Scot to properly record your gift and inform you in writing of the details for your tax records once the transaction is completed.
You may pledge to the Stewardship Campaign and separately commit to the Capital Campaign in any of the following ways.
Online Pledge: click on the link below. Responses will be stored in a password-protected file, which only our Financial Secretary, Scot Butler, will be able to access. http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/39zcjwl
Pew Cards: pledge cards are available in the pews at Church. Simply complete the card, place it in an offering envelope and drop it into the pledge box in the fireplace room or in the offering plate.
Contact our Financial Secretary: You may call or email Scot Butler with your pledge. firstname.lastname@example.org Cell phone: 847-910-8346.
As always thank you for your support in making 2016 a successful year for the Union Church. The Finance Committee and Trustees will provide on-going stewardship campaign updates as we strive to meet our objectives for this year and next.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Stewardship and Capital Campaigns: faq-uclb-stewardship